Yes, yes — it is that time of year! Clean slate, fresh start, new year/new you, and this year especially, at least for me, I’m ready to recharge and reenergize. Let’s start with some New Year’s resolution that involve jewelry! I feel like I’ve been hibernating and in a computer-like “sleep mode” these past few months, since being pregnant and not having much motivation. I guess that is normal when you’re creating a human being, but for me I just felt plain lazy. It is such a lifestyle change to go from being a workaholic to sleep monster, but my passion for jewelry helped me through even my laziest days. Now that I’m in my 2nd trimester I feel almost back to my old self, just with a Santa Claus bowl full of jelly as a stomach now. Kinda into it.
I wanted to start out the new year with a blog feature that will act as a springboard for others who love jewelry as well. Maybe this year you’d like to incorporate jewelry into at least one of your New Year’s Resolutions?! I know it is always a part of mine, whether it is a big goal or not. So here’s some ideas for you (the first five are actually my goals/resolutions, which you can borrow if you’d like):
- Sell an old piece of jewelry that you don’t wear anymore before you buy a new one.
- Buy one new jewelry book each month and share it with my readers.
- Continue my gem and jewelry education by attending at least one seminar or conference.
- Read this book I bought from JTV over the summer about agates and learn more about the different types of agates.
- Buy that dream piece of jewelry you’ve always been wanting before baby arrives (because you will never buy yourself anything ever again lol)
- Begin your jewelry career by taking classes at GIA — or continue your learning with the next class! Keep going!
- Buy an ultrasonic cleaner and learn how to clean your own jewelry.
- Post more consistently on Instagram and start a new friendship with someone whose jewelry style you admire.
- Buy a piece of jewelry that features a gemstone you’ve never owned before.
- Get that piercing you’ve been wanting to do and buy a pretty stud for it.
- Finally get new watch batteries for those watches you never wear because the battery died in them.
- Visit a jewelry store and size all ten of your fingers and write down the sizes so you know your size!
- Attend a crystal reading or start to carry around a tumbled stone in your pocket (see how this affects you).
- Make an “ultimate wish list” by printing out all your dream jewels and cutting them out/pasting them onto a larger board.
- Are you a stud girl or statement earring type? Whichever one, try the opposite and see how that feels!
For more inspiration, follow me on Instagram!
kat January 8, 2019 at 8:31 pm:
i’d add clean/polish pieces, either in a set rotation or the day after i wear them!
Page Sargisson January 14, 2019 at 8:23 am:
My resolution is to take handmade fine jewelry from Brooklyn New York and put it on everyone’s list of pieces to own! For more info visit my website – https://www.pagesargisson.com/