Summer is next week–can you believe it?! Are you ready?! One of my most favorite things to do in the summer is to plan activities that I wouldn’t normally get to do…this involves taking days off from work, surrounding myself with people I love, and living my best life. I also like making lists or a group of goals to complete over the summer–they can be wishful thinking or very, very serious. I thought it would be fun to put together a list of 30 Ways to Incorporate Your Love of Jewelry just in time for summer!
1. Pick a gemstone, any gemstone, and learn all about it.
2. Find a gem show that is coming to your area and attend!
3. Have a gem or mineral specimen collection? Reorganize it in a cool way.
4. Plan a trip to go gem mining.
5. Do you have a favorite Instagrammer in our jewelry community? Plan a summer meetup.
6. Pick a state that is somewhat close to you, and research the best jewelry store they have to offer. Plan a visit!
7. Make a cool treat on a hot day–these gem ice trays can be filled with any fruity liquid!
8. Find a gemstone print top, bathing suit or towel and wear it to the beach.
9. Reserve a day at the nail salon and go for a gemstone manicure!
10. Buy that jewelry book you’ve been eyeing and lay by the pool with it!
11. Scout out some amazing flowers in your city, buy them, and take some jewelry photos with them.
12. Find a new way of wearing some of your favorite pieces of jewelry.
13. Take a day to clean your most-worn pieces of jewelry.
14. Plan a SWAP party with friends that also love jewelry.
15. Pick a time period you don’t know as much about as your favorite jewelry period, and learn about it!
16. Spend an entire day “hunting” for antique jewelry online–but do it by a pool.
17. Learn about crystal healing and depending on where you live, schedule an appointment with an expert.
18. Throw a gemstone-themed party!
19. Learn about a new designer you’ve never heard of before.
20. Need a new way to store your jewelry? Splurge on a jewelry cabinet and reconfigure it if necessary.
21. Take a jewelry making class.
22. Decide on creating a charm bracelet or necklace–gather charms, buy some new ones and put it together.
23. Get something very special and sentimental made into a piece of jewelry.
24. Size all of your fingers and keep it written down.
25. Get registered to bid at your favorite auction houses.
26. Put on all your favorite Art Deco jewels and watch a 1920s old movie.
27. Hit up your local estate sales or garage sales. You never know!
28. Tell someone thank you by gifting them a piece of jewelry.
29. Get lost on Pinterest by searching “antique jewelry” or “jewelry.”
30. Pick your favorite medium (water colors, arcryllics, pencil, etc) and try drawing/painting a diamond.
WANT MORE? Search my summer favorites
Let me know which of these you want to do! –> @gemgossip