If you were live tweeting with me last night, you may have a slight inclination as to what my top jewelry looks of the evening were! The 2014 Oscars took place last night, in Los Angeles and this year all eyes were on Lupita Nyong’o as she stepped out in a pale, icey blue Prada dress and decorated in Fred Leighton jewelry. I was excited to see that the star wearing an 18k yellow gold and diamond headband, something a bit unusual…as well as some vintage and antique rings from Fred Leighton. The type of jewelry she wore is exactly what I want to see more of on the red carpet! Her ring story was fun because it included several different gemstones–pearls, diamonds, turquoise, opals–and spanned a few jewelry time periods (1960s & late 1800s). She even wore a frog ring that was said to be a “family totem,” bringing her look to another winning level!
Other great Oscars jewelry looks included Naomi Watts wearing Bvlgari, Charlize Theron wearing Harry Winston, and Louise Roe in Chopard. I loved Naomi’s diamond necklace and its spiderweb look–even felt that the crew neckline of her gown, plus a bib-like necklace is my latest favorite jewelry look. Charlize in diamonds can never be wrong, but this look was top-notch because of the “lariat style” it almost is like a Y-necklace. Louise in brown diamond earrings was a dream! Perfect for her skin-tone and I loved the style of them.
We can’t skip over Angelina Jolie‘s amazing 42+ carat diamond earrings! The double bezel beauties were set in yellow gold from the Robert Procop Exceptional Jewels collection. When looking at the photo of the earrings alone, without knowing the carat weight they look like average earrings. Then when you actually see them on her, on the red carpet they are huge! She is good at wearing some show-stopping earrings to red carpet events!(Remember those emeralds?!)
And finally, my favorite ring stack of the night–because although I do love huge cocktail rings for red carpet, I also will always love a cool stack. That honor goes to Emma Watson! She is wearing Repossi rings and Jessica McCormack diamond stars in her hair! Love her whole look!
*Other notes from the night:
1. Saw quite a few pinky rings (big cocktail-like pinky rings) which is amazing
2. Freaked out over Nebraska star, June Squibb’s ring stacks but couldn’t find a close up anywhere! She wore some diamond and emerald rings that looked incredible!
3. I was not feeling Jennifer Lawrence’s backward necklace because she did that last year…it was such a huge statement then, and to do it twice? She did wear Neil Lane though, which I love.
4. Lots of yellow gold was worn–even saw two similar style of rings on two different stars. Yellow gold domed rings, each on Kristin Chenoweth & Amy Adams.
5. Can’t wait until next year!