This year’s theme for the evening’s Met Gala was “The Art of the In-Between”. The exhibit offers a retrospective of designer Rei Kawakubo of the famed design house Comme des Garçons. Stars and socialites embraced the juxtaposition of redefining the traditional placement of jewelry by wearing key pieces around the ear, in the hair and in some cases even backwards. The red carpet dazzled with both futuristic, avant-garde statement pieces and traditional vintage diamonds from iconic jewelers.
Below is a selection of the most striking examples we found to be featured on the red carpet. We are counting down our top ten looks, including the above look worn by Chinese fashion model Liu Wen.
1. Liu Wen wearing Chanel fine jewelry, photos via NY Mag.
2. Claire Danes wore an antique yellow gold and seed pearl earrings and antique cut steel arrow brooch, circa 1850, worn in the hair by Fred Leighton.
3. Karen Elson stuns in Tiffany & Co. earrings and ring.
4. Mary Kate & Ashley Olsen wearing a plethora of what looks like vintage baubles.
5. Actress Elle Fanning wore an Art Deco aquamarine and diamond bandeau, circa 1920s, in platinum along with 6.0 tcw diamond studs in platinum by Fred Leighton.
6. Kate Bosworth wore vintage ruby and diamond earrings and a vintage diamond necklace by Cartier.
7. Katie Holmes wore a fabulous set of antique diamond and paste necklaces from Kentshire.
8. Kerry Washington wore a safety- pin choker by Michael Kors Collection.
9. Sarah Paulson wore custom Calder-inspired sapphire in oxidized gold chandelier earrings by Irene Neuwirth.
10. Cassie wore a custom-made diamond ear cuff by Indonesian designer Rinaldy A. Yunardi.
All above photos via Getty images.
This post was collaboratively written by:
Laura Lee Fulham | T: @WhoWoreWhatDly | W: www.whoworewhatdaily.com
Pria May 5, 2017 at 12:21 am:
Hi , Nice to see cool jewelry and style ideas on ur blog.Reaching out to u as ur blog covers a lot about jewelry.The Spiritual Science Research Foundation (SSRF) has recently published an interestingJewellery Infographic that shows how certain designs and materials can have a positiveinfluence on our lives. This newly published Jewelry infographic is offered to you for guestposting.All we ask is that you retain a reference and link to SSRF and do not modify the info-graphic.
Here is a link to the Jewellery Info-Graphic: